Magnum Opus Pro Rally

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magnum Opus Pro Rally

Welcome to the Magnum Opus Pro Rally Forum. Here you can ask questions or look up information, lodging, volunteer for the upcoming race to be held in Newberry, Michigan April 20th, 2013

Please read if you registered to work on April 20 but can't make rescheduled June 22 date!

John Fishbeck
    John Fishbeck

Please read if you registered to work on April 20 but can't make rescheduled June 22 date! Empty Please read if you registered to work on April 20 but can't make rescheduled June 22 date!

Post by John Fishbeck Sat May 25, 2013 2:56 pm

We bid a fond farewell to some of the most serious winter weather Luce County in Michigan's Yoop has seen in many years. As most of you are well aware, the enormous amount of snowfall in the Luce County/Newberry area this winter prevented the roads used for Magnum Opus rally stages from being opened in time for the originally scheduled April 20th date. This forced the rally organizers to reschedule Magnum Opus for Saturday, June 22.

My, my - look at the time! Unfortunately, the change in event dates resulted in some lost momentum in the event organization. But now, with less than a month remaining before rally day, it's time to get back to work. And, oh boy, there's lots of work to be done!

First things first. You may have signed up on the NASA RallySport website to volunteer for the originally scheduled April 20 date. We surely hope that you'll still be able to join us to help with the rescheduled event on June 22, in which case you don't need to do anything - we have you registered as a volunteer and will put you to work. But if you're unable to come work the June 22 date, I really need you to remove yourself from the event volunteer list on the NASA website so I can have an accurate list of workers who plan on coming to the event.

You can remove yourself as a Magnum Opus volunteer by logging in to the NASA website logon page at http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/database-log-in. Log in with the email address you registered with and your NASA account password. Once logged on you'll land on your home page. Find the listing for the Magnum Opus Rally event. Over to the right you'll see the text 'You're signed up to volunteer!', immediately followed by the links 'Edit' and 'Withdraw'. Click the 'Withdraw' link to remove yourself as a Magnum Opus volunteer.

Needless to say, I sure hope you don't have to withdraw as a Magnum Opus 2013 volunteer - we need all the workers we can lay our hands on! But we do understand that life happens, and if you can't join us this year we hope you'll come back and join us next year.

Meanwhile, put the word out to anyone you know who might be interested in volunteering to help with Magnum Opus. We need control workers, marshals, radio operators, medical workers, and more. We'll find something for everyone to do!

Regards,

John Fishbeck
    Chief of Workers, Magnum Opus Rally 2013

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am